Sunday, January 3, 2010

PLANS!!!



hey there and HAPPY 2010!!!!
yes, so I have been awful and neglectful in updating, but in the grand scheme of "what the heck happened?" here it is:

as I have the tendency to want to post a-billion things for LittleTreats, my computer unfortunately decided to disagree with me entirely on that factor and my precious hard drive went KA-PUT!
taking with it much, but most nearest and closest to my heart: my music, my video clips, and most importantly, MY PHOTOGRAPHS!

however, the lovely, cute geniuses at Apple with their great, wonderful thing called AppleCare was able to replace my hard drive (but not fix the old one).
So unfortunately, that left me with no pictures for the Incredible Sunday entry, but in the case I find them again... you will read about the awesome adventure that it was on that crazy, beloved island of Manhattan and its glorious west side.

So ... now back to business.

Admit it, who else other myself practically ate everything this holiday season but the letters in ChristmaHanaKwanzaa? Step up!

I will wholeheartedly say that I didn't give a flying faberge'-egg about how much my stomach (and probably butt too) grew this holiday season, and the gym certainly wasn't a place I ventured to other than to tell them I was canceling my membership.
Here's the thing ...

I usually never make resolutions for New Year's... mostly because every year seems to be another deadline that went wooshing past.
However, in 2010 somehow it seems that things might already be a little different. For instance, the goal this year? Simply put... Do the Things You've Been Saying You Would, but Haven't Gotten Around To.
Think of a day you've had where you literally just tie up all those loose ends ... do all those things you said you were going to and finally once they're done, that big sigh of relief that you get.
I figure in planning ahead within the last months of 2009, I just took the liberty of getting a few things on the table that I wanted to get done. A longer list is the original, however here's just a few things I jotted down. The little must-and-should do's, and of course, the little gold coins too:

- See The NYC Ballet perform The Nutcracker (DONE!)
- Black-Eyed Peas Concert in February
- Go to Disney World
- have a CMU Dancers' Symposium anniversary DVD marathon
- dance, sing, planning, performing
- art, creating, thinking, seeing
- shut up and get that college body back!!
- Keep Cookin!!!!

With reference to the last two ... what billions of people haven't already thought of those two hundreds of times over??
Even with LittleTreats of life in mind, the equation pretty much goes hand-in-hand right? Fitness = Eating = Happiness. No? All qualms aside, let's face it... plenty of the joys in our lives involve eating great food and finding/ doing the things the stimulate the senses. We'll talk more about fitness later (as there's a new development right now in that area, out with the old and in with the new!). But for now, let's get all giddyish and talk about the good stuff.

I pride myself in being an artist, however as time and energy has led me to other projects. I came to realize in the last 6 years just how much food interests me. More so, because I was a self-proclaimed "picky eater" and my palate was as small and shallow as a Snapple bottlecap.


However, as time went on, my tastes expanded (though still a little squeamish on certain things). I was given a REALLY awesome set of Calphalon chopping knives by my brother Christmas 2008, and from there, the cooking and baking really took off.
By Christmas 2009, let's just say, those knives and that cutting board (amongst other lovely things in my kitchen) made some tasty dreams come true.

Next entry, I present to you the LittleTreats I whipped up for the holiday season (with much accreditation to the knives amongst other things)... and well, just about everything that managed to pack itself in 2 weeks. =) they were good ones.

'til then, I'm prepping for what I'm sure will be a major stomach revolt of sorts ...

2 comments:

  1. Nice Caroline!!! I wish someone gave me new knives!! Im sure it will make cooking much more pleasurable. What a thoughtful gift! Reed's parents always give us cool cooking eqipment for presents and I love it. They once gave us a kitchen aid hand mixer, and then once a Cuisinart food processor- I love them!!
    Actually I am proud to say with the use of the hand mixer, I baked two marble loafs and gave one to my land lady, and one to my neighbor who shovels the snow on our walkway, and empties our trash each week. I put it off for almost a week- but finally did it. And I must say, this is a tasty treat that I recommend you try making some time. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gale-gand/lilys-marble-cake-recipe/index.html
    The only alteration I made to this was I did not use coconut. Super tasty, and not too too sweet. Kinda reminds me of a better version of the entennmann's marble loaf i used to eat as a kid.
    Anyway, I sent my online application in and will be dropping off by hand the rest of it by tuesday. Thanks to all your help...wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sari!!! such irony, I just got a food processor for this Christmas! ;) it'll definitely save me some chopping time, though I will say, I actually love chopping so... hmm... I shall have to ponder that dilemna ;)

    as for a hand mixer, I have our old Singer hand mixer which I can't seem to part without, however those KitchenAid ones sure are awesome (although HEAVY!)

    Best of luck toots! We'll catch up again soon.

    ReplyDelete